Thursday, April 06, 2006

This One's For You

My dad told me one thing as i was growing up...he looked at me and said "Eric, I want you to have a better life than me" and i always looked at him and said "How can i have a better life than working in The Beer Store"...what can i say i was 6 and never realized what he was saying...well today...my dad lost his job...he'd held it for 30 years and now it's gone...he phoned me this morning and i knew that something was wrong because he didn't hit his usual subjects of girls, sports, girls, sports and did I mention girls? he started with school and i asked him what's wrong and he told me...he has no idea what to do...he's not even 50 and he's completely lost...I ask you to pray for him because I don't know what else to do

My dad taught me how to play basketball before most kids could walk...he took me to every practice every game...even if he had to miss work...we'd go for coffee and a doughnut after and talk basketball...my dad puts his kids first...and always has...he laughs and makes everyone else laugh with him...and if you don't laugh...oh he'll make you...by way of tickling or just being so absurdly weird you can't help but laugh...He loves more than anyone i've ever known and smiles all the time...favourite way to answer the phone "happy acres, this is happy speaking, which of the happies would you like to talk to?" gotta laugh everytime i hear it...he's always been there for me...and there's nothing else i can ask of him

I ask you to pray for my dad

song: Life of a Salesman by Yellowcard
quote: "Eric, you'll know when a woman doesn't want to hear what you have to say...she'll start talking."

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Your dad sounds like an awesome guy! He's taught you well, i'm sure he's very proud with what you have become and one day will become.
I'm sorry to hear about his job, i will keep him in my prayers.

12:48 PM, April 06, 2006  
Blogger Krysta Chelle said...

I hope that your dad finds a job really soon and that he finds a new path. We, here at E-hall are all praying for him and you and your sibs. Its got to be hard on all you.

1:27 PM, April 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home