Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Wisdom Passed from Father to Son

For awhile lately i've felt like the weight of the world was resting on my puny unmuscular...yet supermanlike...shoulders...not really but a guy can dream right...but i'm here to impart on you some wisdom that was given to me by a friend of mine and i want to pass it on because i feel like others are struggling with this as well

I was feeling tired...i took what i believed to be an easier course load this year so that i could get done all the things that i wanted to this year, be an RA, lead praise music, get good grades and socialize with my friends and still be able to talk to family at home...and what my friend told me was this...i hope i get this right..."when you're at university you try to take part in all that university has to offer, and you do a lot of different things, but there are times when you need to sit back and decide what you're priorities are and build your time around that...do what's important to you"

to my friend i have to thank you after talking to you i felt a weight lifted off my shoulders and i appreciate it...i was able to look at things and i've seen that worrying is not high on the priority list and i've looked at exactly what is important to me...and for this i thank you

Quote of the Day: "Scroll your mouse over the target...and right click" another wise Eric
Song of the Moment: Save the Best for Last by Theory of a Deadman

Thank you come again
Stay Clean Kids...cuz those earthquake spores will mess you up

4 Comments:

Blogger Vinny said...

Eric, I have to say that this is definitely one of the better posts I have read. I'm pretty sure it apply's to most everyone.

10:57 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger -J said...

It was worded to me that you go to university for the experiance, you are at university to find out who you are.

Its a misconception that you are only there be in class, and studying. (something many professors have forgotten) If you think of it this way you will end up killing yourself, and end up loosing friends. (Something I forgot at the start of this year)

You've helped us out just as much as some of us have helped you. -So Thank-you

its is a really good post

11:25 AM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Lauren said...

What if what i want my priorities to be is not the same as what my priorities should be . . .?

3:12 PM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Krysta Chelle said...

My mother keeps trying to tell me i need to learn the word NO! lol. i dont know what she is talking about
ps got to see Theory of a Deadman in concert this summer. So fricking good. It was so amazing like unbelievable! ahh

4:32 PM, October 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home