Thursday, August 02, 2007

Trust and Honesty

So i sit here and wonder to myself...what are the two things that i value most in my friendships/relationships...and the answer is trust and honesty

When i was younger and by younger i mean i still do it now is make up stories that about my life just to make it more interesting...so i don't become just another face in the crowd...another person that will be forgotten once people have moved on...i can say i do it much less now then i did then...but that doesn't make it any better...and i still lie to people i love and that hurts me more than them...so to the people i've lied to i'm sorry

Trust is something that i give out automatically...you have my trust until you do something that shows you don't deserve it...but it's also something that i have a large problem with...cuz i give it out so freely and i assume to myself that people won't break it...but we're human and it happens and in the end i'm left with questions

Like how in hell can i ask for someone to trust and be honest with me if i know i can't do it back?...how can i sit here and tell myself that next time will be different when i know then that i'm lying to myself?

I've tried for so long to be someone that's outside of the box...someone that people want to look up to...and i'm a fraud for trying a lot of the time...cuz i know that at the end of the day i'm just another face in the crowd...indiscriminate from all the others...another blur as you drive down the street

i don't know why i wrote this cuz i don't think many read this anymore...mostly cuz i haven't written in 2 months...but it feels better saying it and being honest...cuz i don't want to lie anymore...i don't want to hurt because of lies...

Song of the Moment: Free Bird by Lynard Skynard...i love this song...i air guitar the 6 minute solo in the shower...i'm not supposed to tell you that...but some sing...some air guitar i do both

Thank you come again
Stay Clean Kids...Do not point out the plank in your brother's eye until you have taken the log out of yours...or something like that

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lying to try and make yourself seem more interesting to the rest of the world is a hobby that everyone around you practices at some point in time, some are just better at it then others.
But you don't have to do it. You are a great guy (and interesting too!) and anyone who thinks otherwise should try watching the Blues Brothers with you.

9:22 PM, August 05, 2007  
Blogger -J said...

"Where are we going?
Where do we come from?
Why do we lie now?
What do we know?
I don’t know a damn thing at all"
That was a Crazy Game of Poker - O.A.R (34th & 8th)

Eric in all the people I've met, I've never met someone quite like yourself. That goes with everyone. Lying to make ourselves seam more impressive has almost become a second nature to people,

Your experiences help form your personality. Personality is the one thing keeps friends, staying as friends, it makes you(or anyone) memorable.

Why people need to lie to friends/family/acquaintances about who we are, and what we've done, is completely beyond me, I know I'm guilty of it, and I know I'm not the only one.

(a bit scattered I know, but then again, so am I)

8:26 AM, August 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home